HOW TO MAKE PRETTY FELT BLOSSOMS!
MATERIALS : a pencil, scrap paper, felt, sharp scissors, hot glue
- first i recommend making some kind of pattern. it’s hard to free hand a relatively symmetrical 5 petaled flower with your scissors, and you don’t really want to draw on the felt. also, warm up your hot glue gun.
- next cut 6 of your flower shapes (i followed this tutorial which uses 7, but i think 6 works fine) and one circle for each flower you want to make.
- fold your petal twice, once in half
- and then half again… it is no longer symmetrical. and that is okay!
- snip off the bottom corner of the folded felt.
- apply hot glue to the now flat folded bottom of the felt.
- stick the folded felt to your already cut circle, near the edge, and hold it there for at least 30 seconds so that it sets!
- repeat this with your second flower shape so that you have half of your blossom glued.
- attach two more flower shapes (repeat steps 3-7) for a total of 4
- attach the final two flower shapes in the center of your blossom and TA DA! it’s done!
now, to make the garlands all i did was lay out a piece of thick yarn and place the blossoms where i liked them, then i just hot glued the yarn across the back of each blossom! (check out my other post here to see what it looked like while i laid out the yarn and blossoms) YAY FELT!